Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Project Complete!!

Sorry there aren't any pics for this post; but I just haven't gotten a chance. The project was completed yesterday morning with Pop-pop & Poppy putting on the two canvas roofs and the steering wheel on the lower deck. They also had time to put up the two new swings over on the old swing beam between the trees.

When I got home from work last night; both Christopher & Stephen were very excited about showing me how everything worked. Here is a blow by blow account of Stephen's demonstration:
  • Climb up ladder (rather quickly I might add.)
  • Quick stop at steering wheel to spin it as hard as I can
  • Run over to slide, but stop 6" short and get down on my bottom and inch out to the top edge.
  • Start down the slide; but employ my breaks (shoes) every 2 feet to prevent moving too fast.
  • Reach bottom of slide stopping with breaks just short of the end and then inch out until I can reach the ground with my feet.
  • Repeat (a lot)
A big hug and a kiss with many thanks to Grandma, Pop-pop, and Poppy for coming up this past weekend for this project. If Michael and I had to do it on our own; it wouldn't have gotten done.

No comments:

Post a Comment