Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Big Construction Project - Day Two

Yes, I know. It looks like I am taking a break... But what I am actually doing is holding the boards in place while Poppy screws them down on the far side. This is very hard and technical work. Not everyone is as well prepared as I am to do this. Those boards weren't going anywhere.


NoNoMommy and Poppy worked pretty hard getting
the upper level decking down and the rails up.

This is the almost completed project. The only things
left to be completed is to install the roof and the accessories
on the upper deck. In the future we will also be filling in
beneath and around the base structure with pebbles.

Before getting the final building inspection approval,
we had to have our punch list walk through. Our
head engineer came out and tested all of the installed
pieces of apparatus.

And it appears that we got his seal of approval. Here the
Grade A Number 1 helper is showing his appreciation to
Pop-pop and Poppy for all their hard work.

Here is our site supervisor. Once the project was almost
to substantial completion, he was ready to come out and
test it. He approved of the ladder and the slide.

Here are the happy new owners
of the Frontier Play Fort.

And here is the very tired, but very satisfied work
crew. It was a long hot weekend; but it was worth it.

1 comment: