
In April, Michael and I went on a special vacation, without the boys, to Rome, Italy. It was to celebrate our birthdays, 10 year wedding anniversary... you name it. We had a lot of fun, in spite of the few little hiccups we had along the way. Including the Iceland Volcano.

In several places around the city we found these beautiful purple flowers. Sometimes in arbors or trellises, other times the vine was just growing up the side of the building.

The oculus of the Pantheon. Unfortunately most of the portico at the front of the building was covered up with scaffolding.

Chiesa Di Sant'ivo Alla Sapienza - part of the original University of Rome. Built over a long period of time, the last architect was Borromini.

View the Tiber river from in front of Castel Sant'Angelo.

View back towards the bridge, Ponte Sant'Angelo.
I still have a lot of pictures to sort through, so I hope to post some more again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment