Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Clean-up from 1st Feb Blizzard

Michael and I headed back to MD on Sunday the 7th, leaving the boys at Grandma and Pop-pop's for the week. We weren't sure what we were going to find when we got home. Luckily we were able to drive into our neighborhood and were pleasantly surprised to find that our neighbor had used his snow blower on one lane of our driveway. Unfortunately after sitting for 24 hours, the snow had started to compact and was very heavy to move off of the rest of the driveway and walk.

When we were all done, the piles of snow weren't quite as tall as Michael, but they were higher than his waist!

I don't have any pictures yet to post for this second blizzard we are in the middle of right now; but to give you an idea of how much more snow we have gotten...See the small lawn flag I have outside of the front door just to the left of the tree? In this picture the bottom of the flag is buried in snow...If you look in our yard right now, all you can see is the top of the black metal stand.

(And yes, I know I still haven't posted about Disney yet...Maybe if I have another snow day at home!)

No comments:

Post a Comment